Who doesn’t like the onset of monsoon when we all get respite and this comes as a breather from the scorching heat of summer but at the same time, the rainy season also brings a tale of skin and hair problems.
And during the current time of the CORONA crisis situation has become like a double whammy. Sticking to a regular hair and skincare regime becomes very important to avoid beauty hazards. This is the season when skin becomes susceptible to many skin disorders like skin allergies, rashes, oil secretion, chappy skin, sticky scalp, excessive dandruff, hair fall, dehydrated scalp, foot fungal, etc. Other factors like allergic hypersensitivity, imbalanced and poor diet and hormonal imbalance, overuse of hair dyes and chemicals ridden products aggravate the problem rendering your hair looking dull and lackluster. A regular skin and hair care regime followed by a balanced diet is very helpful in combating the problems and taming these concerns
Beauty Expert from Silverine Salon and makeovers shares easy to do quick fixes and beauty tips to help you resolve these concerns.
In monsoon many people face the problem of the smelly scalp and constant itching, this causes a lot of embarrassment. However, its always advisable to see your dermatologist if the problem is acute and you can also show the condition to the skin expert. After checking if the problem is occurring due to fungal or infection experts will suggest remedies. You must also start the treatment with cleansing and nourishing your scalp which is the first step towards the hair care regime.
Follow the routine by going in for natural hair mask and hair spa treatments.
- Use mild shampoo followed by a final rinse with vinegar poured in water, this shall give you relief from itching.
- Aromatherapy is very effective in preventing itching and scalp odor. Scents and aroma oil can do wonders. Use Tea tree oil, known for its anti-bacterial properties and tackle the issue of itchy scalp, rashes, scalp pimples, and sores, etc. Making tea tree spray at home is very easy and by mixing a few drops in plain water you can prepare the spray. Keep it in your bag or fridge and spray onto your scalp feels itchy.
- Another very Using Neem oil is also very useful for itchy scalp. Mix a spoon of neem oil, rosemary oil mixed with tea tree oil and message. Antibacterial properties of neem help in keeping fungus and bacteria at bay.
- Paste of crushed neem is a very simple and effective recipe for hair.
- Treatment of Fenugreek works well for all hair woes. Soak fenugreek seeds in water overnight, use the strained water for washing your hair. Methi is an effective remedy for multiple hair problems like hair fall, dandruff, and dryness.
TAME DANDRUFF AND PREVENT HAIR FALL
Tame dandruff and Prevent hair loss through good diet and nutrition, it’s the most natural way to keep your hair thick and healthy. Hydrate, nurture and rejuvenate your hair with good hair masks that can counter dandruff, hair thinning, hair fall, and boost hair growth. Just whip up these useful hair masks:
- Oiling with warm oil is very useful in dislodging flakes and dandruff from the scalp. You can message your scalp gently with olive oil or sesame seed oil.
- Bananas make a wonderful hair mask when blended with an egg, three teaspoons each of honey and milk, and five teaspoons of olive oil. Massage this mixture onto your hair and scalp and leave it on for half-hour before you shampoo it out.
- Scramble two eggs with two teaspoons of water and work the mixture onto damp hair. Let it soak in for 15 minutes before you wash your hair
- Oil up your scalp with a mask from two eggs and five teaspoons of olive oil and massage into your hair and scalp. Let it sit for a half-hour before washing it out.
- · Try avocado mask; mix one mashed avocado with a teaspoon each of olive oil and honey, then apply it to your hair. Leave the mask on for at least 20 minutes and then wash it away.
- Get a little nutty with an almond mask; Combine ¼ cup of honey, ½ cup of yogurt, and a tablespoon of almond oil. Work it onto your hair from root to tip; leave it on for 20 minutes before you shampoo.
- Coconut milk is very good in treating hair fall and providing nourishment to the scalp
- Message your scalp and strands with old and sour curd or lukewarm oil one hour before hair wash.
- In this season skin reacts in an unpredictable manner and hair is unstable and unruly. Sometimes scalp is too oily and sticky or itchy and parched. Go for antidote according to the need of skin.
Dry and frizzy hair with natural ingredients from kitchen
This is another common and difficult problem. You can make a hair pack made with bananas and honey, this shall nourish your hair with natural moisturizer and keep your strands soft, silky and tamed.
· Whip together half a cup of milk, honey and few drops of extra virgin olive oil to get rid of dry scalp and Attain healthy, nourished and glowing hair.
· Go for extra conditioning mask prepared with mayonnaise, follow up the process with hot towel cover and Wash off with cold water to unleash silky hair.
· Bring back the shine to dull and lifeless hair with a pack of vinegar, banana, and avocado oil.
For oily and sticky scalp lemon juice therapy works very well.
- Apply lemon juice on your scalp, leave it for 15 minutes and then wash it off to ensure an oil-free scalp. You can also mix lemon juice in aloe vera gel. Or simply use the mask of mint paste.
- Be careful while you buy hair products that replace moisture-based hair products with alcohol-based creams or gels.
- Dos and don’ts
- Wash your hair at least twice a week. Humidity leads to secretions of oil and sweat which tend to stick to hair and scalp that attracts grime and pollutants. This makes the scalp breeding ground for bacteria and fungus. Choose mild shampoo and conditioner. Shampoos containing herbal extracts like shikakai, reetha, brahmi, amla, and henna are better choices.
- Doing the trick with Accessories – Cover up the bad hair day during monsoon. You can contain unruly strands by giving them a style and fashion statement. Cover up your frizzy strands with a colorful scarf or beautiful bands that look funky and stylish and match with the color of your dress.
- Long hair can be tied nicely in a high bun or a low bun. Short hair should be neatly tapered and well cut
- Put on hold your plans to go for rebonding, perming or coloring, etc till monsoon is gone. As your hair needs optimum care these chemical laced hair styling treatments will do just the opposite and invite further damage which will be difficult to handle in this season.
- Never comb wet hair as this tends to make your tresses weak and prone to breakage. Use a Wide-toothed comb after your hair is dry.
- Taking good diet rich in vitamin E and C, almonds, spinach, olives, amla, and tomatoes, citrus fruits are very important. One needs to include fresh fruits, raw salads, sprouts, and yogurt in the daily diet.
- Also, drink at least 10 glasses of water daily and avoid oily, spicy, junk, or outside food.