There are people who spend their entire life, trying to be perfect! And er, others are born Punjabi! There are plenty of reasons to be proud of being a Punjabi, some of them we’ve listed down for you:
1. Punjabiyaan di battery charge rehndi ae – No matter what time of the day it is, Punjabis are always full of energy and enthusiasm. You can never just feel low in their company.
2. Makki di roti te sarso da saag, khao piyo te maaro dakkar. – Punjabis have the most delectable and spicy cuisine across the globe. Ranging from aalo ke paranthe, lassi, dal makhni, kheema, rajma chawal to butter chicken, you cannot just afford to say no to either of them. They live life ‘Singh’ size.
3. Partiyaan Shartiyaan – If you’re a Punjabi, you know that everything starts from a party, and ends at a party. Be it the pre-wedding party, post-wedding party, ‘pammi aunty ke beta hone ki party’, ‘India ke match jitne ki party or long time se party nahi kari wali party.’ The big fat Punjabi wedding, is definitely something to witness once in a life time. So, keep calm and bolo tararara!
They make the best lovers. After all, Punjabis don’t break hearts, they break bones.
4. Punjabiyaan di yaari itt wargi – Punjabis might be known as muh-fatt by a few, but that is only because they speak their heart out. There are no formalities, no lies and no faux in their friendship. They make the best lovers. After all, Punjabis don’t break hearts, they break bones.
5. Music, dance and language – Punjabis have the most blithesome language, and the beats of Punjabi music? They just can’t stop you from getting on the floor. From bhangra and gidha to their self-invented dance, Punjabis have definitely screwed all other dance forms. Needless to say, every occasion is incomplete without a Punjabi song.
Their bravery, respectful attitude towards elders, Bullet, ‘Kanneda’ connection and how can we forget, ‘kundiyaan muchchaan’ te ‘paraandi’ prove to be the cherry on the cake. So, keep calm and love Punjabis!