When you are planning a trip to Punjab, Ludhiana is a place which you can definitely not afford to miss. The largest city in the state with lush gardens, magnificent gurudwaras and temples and how can we forget, the mouth-watering food that makes Ludhiana a hub of Punjabi culture. So, we bring to you 5 places that you must visit once you visit this beautiful city.
1. Nehru Rose Garden – It was established in 1976, and is one of the largest rose gardens’ in the entire Asia. It is spread over an area of 30 acres, which includes a mini zoo, musical fountain, and lush lawns with more than 17,000 plants which includes over 1600 species of roses. The annual rose festival at the Nehru Rose Garden, attracts visitors from across the globe.
2. ‘Ghanta Ghar’ (Clock Tower)
Ludhiana City’s best icon Clock Tower, popularly known as Ghanta Ghar, is more than 100 years old. It was on October 18, 1906, that the Victoria Memorial Clock Tower, Ludhiana, was inaugurated by the then Lt- Governor of Punjab and its dependencies, Sir Charles Montgomery along with Deewan Tek Chand, the then Deputy Commissioner, Ludhiana. The rulers of the day had chosen the spot for the tower keeping in mind the proximity of the business centre and the railway station. In 1906, the tower was erected with the contribution of leading people of the city.
3. Hardy’s World Amusement Park – This amusement park, located at the Ludhiana-Jalandhar highway is the best place to rejuvenate the child in you, and take a break from the trivial day-to-day routine. It has more than 20 rides, specially designed for all age groups.
4. Punjab Agriculture University – This state agriculture university, pioneered the Green Revolution in India and is the nation’s second-oldest agriculture university. It is the best place in Punjab, to have a knowledgeable insight into the agricultural activities taking place in the state, ranging from farming to livestock and poultry production. The Punjab Rural Heritage Museum is also situated in the campus.
5. Gurudwara Dukh Niwaran Sahib – Located at NH1, Field Ganj – Opposite railway station, Gurudwara Dukh Niwaran Sahib will help you attaining serenity amidst all the chaos and movement.