There are people who spend their entire life, trying to be perfect! And er, others are born Punjabi! We Punjabis have our own blithesome way of living life king size, but in contrast to that we are even blessed with some inherent driving skills ever since childhood which makes us a separate entity. So, are you one of those heaven sent people who comes across all these stunners on the roads of Punjab? Or, are you just one of them? Come, let’s find out!
1. Assi jithe jawangey, gaddi modangey. Because, moving on the right side of the road is way too mainstream! So, these people stick to the wrong side and end up cursing the others for the traffic.
2. Assi saare de saare signal todangey. For people like them, traffic lights are merely colorful streetlights for decoration purpose. May be!?
3. Oh kaka ji main taan hath dita si, main ki karan je tussi vekheya nahi? These are the type of people who believe in indicating their fellow commuters through their loud announcements and hands. I wish someone ever told them, that there is a thing called indicators on this earth.
4. The trin-trin monsters. They need to attend their tectonically important phone calls by their wives even while driving. Because after all, Chintu de diaper mangwane si!
5. Helmet? Oh ki hounda ae? These people don’t believe in wearing a helmet because either it is a fashion quotient, or may be because they know that their brains don’t have much to get hurt.
6. The auto-walas and rikshaw-walas who come from nowhere! You would never see them coming, and if by any chance you ram into them – it’s definitely gonna be you at fault. I think they’re highly inspired by John Cena (You can’t see them). No? Er, anyways.
7. Fer ki hoye je agge gaddi ae? Tussi udh ke chale jao. They don’t really say this, but that’s what their actions speak of. These are the type of people who are going to keep buzzing the horn, even when they know the traffic light is red. Oh wait, is it really for decoration purpose?
8. The parking masters – These are the type of people who are a staunch believer of the fact that they own the road. After all, they pay taxes. But at the same time, these are the same people who deflate the tyres of the cars parked outside their home!
9. Oh main keha meri kundiyan muchan ajj kaim lag rehi, nahi? These adorable people use the mirrors not for keeping a tab on the roads, but for adoring their perfect eyeliner and kundiyan muchan.
10. Laake chamkilla battu gedi maar de. This very cool gang of friends are a true philanthropist at heart, who believe in entertaining not just themselves, but everyone else on the road with the latest Punjabi grooves.
P.S – You can always find these talented people at Citco! Oh and how can we forget, the knight-riders who are highly inspired by road rash and Dhoom 3?
God bless these people.