This Friday’s Punjabi movie release, Tara Mira has already set the social media ablaze with its intriguing trailer and foot-tapping music that is being appreciated by Punjabis from across the globe. So, we dive deep into what makes Tara Mira not just a usual Punjabi movie. Here are the five reasons that top the list:
- Guru Randhawa’s production debut: Tara Mira is going to mark the production debut of Indian singer, songwriter and music composer, Guru Randhawa who has an array to chartbuster songs to his credit including Slowly Slowly, Made in India and High Rated Gabru. Randhawa has produced the movie in association with Ashok Yadav, Rajiv Dhingra, Jyoti Sekhon and Shilpa Sharma, under the banners of 751 Films, Rapa Nui’s Films, Yadu Production and Red Eyes Productions. Randhawa is seen to be super-excited about the release of Tara Mira and the same is evident on his social media handles.
- A musical love story: Definitely the first Punjabi movie wherein the producer as well as the lead actor is primarily a singer, Tara Mira promises to be a musical love story that will be high on chartbuster tracks. When Guru Randhawa and Ranjit Bawa met at a youth festival during college days, the duo never imagined to have such a historic association years later. “I am really glad to have associated with Guru for Tara Mira. Both of us really excited about the movie and we are affirmative that it will be loved by the audiences,” shared Bawa.
- Ranjit Bawa and Nazia Hussain’s first time on-screen Jodi: Tara Mira is all set to welcome a new face to the Punjabi film industry, Nazia Hussain who made her acting debut in the Bollywood film, Say Yes to Love (2012). “As an actor, I always wanted to explore my skill set in different languages and one fine day, I received a call from the wife of Rajiv Dhingra that they wanted to discuss a script with me and it took just one meeting for us to seal the deal. I really liked the character of Mira which has a split of a Bihari and Punjabi girl that motivated me to take the plunge,” shared Nazia who will be seen sharing screen with singer – turned – actor Ranjit Bawa. Bawa will be seen playing the lead role after a long time. His previous solo movies include Toofan Singh (2017), Bhalwan Singh (2017), and Khido Khundi (2018) to name a few.
- An amalgamation of romance and drama: Tara Mira will strike a balance between romance and drama with its close-knit tale of loving across borders. A tale on the lines of immortal love stories like Heer-Ranjha, Laila-Majnu and Sassi-Pannuh, Tara Mira is ready to set new benchmarks in the Punjabi film industry.
- A strong supporting star-cast: Tara Mira has a proficient star-cast with Gurpreet Ghuggi, Yograj Singh, Sudesh Lehri, Rajvir Thakur, and Anita Devgn in pivotal roles. The movie is written and directed by Rajiv Dhingra and is slated to release worldwide on 11th October.