Apart from 13 categories that exist in the cut-list of Diljit Dosanjh’s Hindi Debut, Udta Punjab, (in total there are 89 cuts) here are some of the ‘cuts’ that censor board doesn’t want the audience to see. Have a look!
But what is surprising is that apart from expletives and the reference to any place in Punjab, the CBFC has also asked for words like ‘Election’, ‘MP’, ‘Party’ from party worker, MLA, Parliament to be deleted.
- Cut: Delete the signboard of Punjab in the beginning
- Delete the name of cities like Punjab, Jalandhar, Amritsar, Ludhiana, Tarn Taran and more (All reference of Punjab cities in the dialogues/songs, anywhere in the film should be removed)
- From Song Number 1: Name of a drug (References to drug nowhere)
- Words from song 3 (Delete the word ‘Chitta’ from the song)
- Delete Abuses
- Delete the word elections, MP, party, Party Worker, MLA, Punjab parliament(No references: no govt rep references (38 mins)
- Song no:3 Delete the scene of a scratching Sardar.
- The film focuses on the rising menace of drugs and the war against drugs and is an attempt effects of drugs. We acknowledge he battle against drugs being fought by govt and police but it can’t be won unless people of India unite against this menace”
Here’s the originial document: